[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 11 21:20:51 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:32:32PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   It also has USB and FireWire on the mainboard...that doesn't make it
> "IDE based" or "FireWire based".

You mean USB based.

If the system booted off Firewire or USB, I would call it Firewire based
or USB based, respectively. If it net-booted, I'd say it was network based.

It's just a term. If it causes you physical distress to have something
called "IDE-based" then set up a procmail filter to change "IDE" to
"Cheez Whiz with Bacon" or something.

And you didn't argue with people calling the "crappier" SPARCs "IDE based"...
when they can be SCSI-fied and maybe even FW-ified. Why start now?

http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2003-January/068801.html

Go have a beer and a babe. Charge it to Kevin.

--Rob