[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 11 20:32:32 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 09:28 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>>    There's a difference between "comes with IDE unless you request
>> something better" and "are IDE based".
>
> If IDE is built on the mainboard, it's IDE based.  I think you're
> trying
> to split hairs here and it isn't becoming - and we all know hoe
> becoming
> you really are.

   It also has USB and FireWire on the mainboard...that doesn't make it
"IDE based" or "FireWire based".

   I understand your comment about splitting hairs...but I think this
hair needs splitting.  I have half a dozen systems here that have IDE
interfaces in them that have never been connected to an IDE drive.

         -Dave