[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 11 16:32:21 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 05:29 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>>    OK, OK, OK!!  Oh-fucking-kay already.  This is obviously one of
>>    those
>> "let's shoot down whatever McGuire says" day.  The entire OS X worlds
>> uses IDE drives except me.
>>

> Don't get your hootus in a bunch, Dave.  You know as well as anyone the
> *vast* majority or desktops and servers coming out of Apple are IDE
> based.  Now, anyone with clue, who also cares about disk performance,
> and can afford it, is likely to switch to SCSI as soon as it's
> convenient.

   There's a difference between "comes with IDE unless you request
something better" and "are IDE based".

> However, most OS X Apples are still IDE based.

   This is news to me.  I stand corrected.  I don't use IDE drives in
production *anywhere* (except my laptop) because of failure rates and
shitty performance.  What you guys do with them is your own fucking
business.  I'm sorry I opened my big mouth, I obviously don't know shit
about any of this.

         -Dave