[rescue] Homemade Racks?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Apr 11 00:37:20 CDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:29:20PM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:24:18PM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
>
> >    Which reminds me: does anyone have any interest in an Apple 840AV with a
> > nice SuperMac video card (but no decent monitor)?
> > with carts [that I got from Iomega for answering a survey!]? Or a PowerBook
> > 1400 (with original clear cover planel and dorky paper inserts!) with the
> > external video card and a big hard drive? I'd probably just trade it/them for
> > toys, as I've no time for computers at home.
>
> Err, so the 1400 works well?  I'd be interested, except I have little
> money or non-computer toys.

I'm in the same boat, actually.  We just got given several older macs
including a Quadra 650 and a Centris 650, but the majority of our
daughters' educational games -- while they are Windows/Mac CDs --
require a Power Mac.  This is a Quadra 840av, right?  Which would still
be an '040.

What'd be nice for the girls would be to get our hands on aPower Mac
7100 or 8100.  Or better yet, an iMac.  But even a 7100 would likely
have to wait until I'm working again ...  right now we have trouble just
scraping up enough parts to keep the machines we have running.  We've
had a spate of hardware failures recently.