[rescue] Homemade Racks?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri Apr 11 08:40:47 CDT 2003

Phil Stracchino [alaric at caerllewys.net] wrote:

> What'd be nice for the girls would be to get our hands on aPower Mac
> 7100 or 8100.  Or better yet, an iMac.  But even a 7100 would likely
> have to wait until I'm working again ...  right now we have trouble just
> scraping up enough parts to keep the machines we have running.  We've
> had a spate of hardware failures recently.

For the love of all that is sane in the Apple world, don't buy a x100.
7100 and 8100's are terrible to work on, and they're NuBus, and they're
hard to upgrade, and, and and.  Hold out for a 7500 or 8500.  A little
more pricy, but oh so much better to work on.  The 7500 was the first
really cool case I ever saw/had.  You get PCI, easily upgradable CPUs,
faster bus, and did I mention a better case?

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak