[rescue] anyone else here on AT&T Broadband (now Comcast) ?

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Tue Apr 1 10:30:10 CST 2003

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> I run my own mailserver (yeah, I know they don't want you doing this) and
> it has always been great... almost no problems to speak of.

Ah, I should have read this message first.

> So... anyone else discover this ?  Anyone know if Comcast offers
> Static IPs, and if that gets around this problem (or are the static IPs
> are listed in that list too) ?

Since you're not bing blocked by comcast, the only way around this
is to relay all outbound mail through smtp.comcast.net.  It's
not hard to do, you still run your own mail server and you won't
get hit by DUL blocklists.

While I fully support the use of DUL blocklists on dynamically
allocated addresses, there is no reason to add static
addresses to a DUL.  Since comcast pseudo-static addresses
are in the same pool as dynamic ones, they are probably
all in the DUL.

KL