[rescue] anyone else here on AT&T Broadband (now Comcast) ?

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 12:12:23 CST 2003

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 3:14 pm, Mike Johnson wrote:
> Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. [rescue at hawkmountain.net] wrote:
> > I run my own mailserver (yeah, I know they don't want you doing
> > this) and it has always been great... almost no problems to speak
> > of.
> >
> > Today I tried sending mail to an @aol.com address....
>
> http://www.mail-abuse.org/dul/
>
> Note the 'If you are a COMCAST customer' line.

Funny ... according to the copy of MAPS+ I have access to, COMCAST isn't
listed (or my script is broken). I guess the "contact COMCAST" might
mean some people are saying it's in DUL when it isn't (i.e. being
blocked with a local BL). There are people who block based on certain
wildcards and *client* could be one of them.

> This seems to be a recent development of AOL and RoadRunner (there
> was a lot of discussion about this on our local LUG list).  Noone
> seemed to have an answer for sure, but it certainly looks like AOL
> recently started using the DUL, or something like it.

The list of people who block 'dynamic' netblocks is growing daily. If
you don't want to relay all your mail through your ISP's server you
will have to setup manual relaying for some domains. You might want to
check the Exim mailing list archives (somewhere on www.exim.org) as I
believe someone sent a message to the list containing a list of domains
you should relay through your ISP's mail server.