[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Sep 30 09:49:54 CDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:35:51PM +1000, Robert Rose wrote:

> I've never seen an I^2 in real life, but I've owned an Indy and I currently
> own an O2, it really is a very attractive box.  I find that I can't leave
> it off for too long, it sits on the desk making me feel guilty for no using
> it.

I've seen both I^2s (teal and purple) in real life.  Nice, both of
them.  And I routinely see an O2 in real life, and feel a sharp stab of
pain (but not as badly as when I see the Onyx sitting nearby, untouched
in 2 years).

> On a similar note, I'm wondering if people remember the first real computer
> they saw and thought "gawd, that's nice".  I think for me it was a Sun4/690.

I guess the first real computer I saw was an alpha micro.  I wasn't that
impresssed.  I was deeply impressed by the first SS10 (with ZX board!)
and 4/330 I saw though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd