[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Mon Sep 30 14:06:21 CDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Robert Rose wrote:

>At 11:20 PM 29/09/2002 -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:
>> > Ever saw a purple Indigo2 stacked on a green Indigo2 ?
>> > Nice combo also.
>> >

>>  I've seen 2 purple I^2s with a teal all vertical on their add-on feet.
>>That's a pretty sight, especially with some granite 20" monitors and
>>keyboards/mice.
>>
>>  Actually today I got to play with a blue Indy and O2... I never knew the
>>O2 would be so beautiful in real life. And relatively small.
>
>I've never seen an I^2 in real life, but I've owned an Indy and I currently
>own an O2, it really is a very attractive box.  I find that I can't leave
>it off for too long, it sits on the desk making me feel guilty for no
>using it.

Rescue guilt? ;-)

>On a similar note, I'm wondering if people remember the first real computer
>they saw and thought "gawd, that's nice".  I think for me it was a Sun4/690.

Hmm...I hated the first computer I ever saw--my dad's trash 80 that would
never reliably load from the "dataset".  I guess the first computer that
really made me see where things were going was our Mac Pluses at the
computer lab, but when we got the SE 30's...oh yeah.   They were head
and shoulders above the various x86 boxes we had in the lab.

=Nadine=