[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Mon Sep 30 02:35:51 CDT 2002

At 11:20 PM 29/09/2002 -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:
> > Ever saw a purple Indigo2 stacked on a green Indigo2 ?
> > Nice combo also.
> >

>  I've seen 2 purple I^2s with a teal all vertical on their add-on feet.
>That's a pretty sight, especially with some granite 20" monitors and
>keyboards/mice.
>
>  Actually today I got to play with a blue Indy and O2... I never knew the
>O2 would be so beautiful in real life. And relatively small.

I've never seen an I^2 in real life, but I've owned an Indy and I currently
own an O2, it really is a very attractive box.  I find that I can't leave
it off for too long, it sits on the desk making me feel guilty for no using it.

On a similar note, I'm wondering if people remember the first real computer
they saw and thought "gawd, that's nice".  I think for me it was a Sun4/690.

Rob.