[rescue] Goodies coming, goodies going

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sun Sep 29 19:36:38 CDT 2002

All,

Thanks to some horse-trading, I now have my very own SPARCstation Voyager. I
know stuff for these guys is dear, but a couple of things would be nice.
First would be the door that goes over the power supply/battery area. It's
missing, and while the machine works fine without it, I figure it can't hurt
to ask if anyone has one. I don't have the battery, so I suppose the door
must have the little cutout for the power cord to go through.

Second would be more memory (it's got 48M) but I know this is composed
mostly of unobtainium so I'm not holding my breath.

Lastly, to "complete the set" do I want to try to find the compact keyboard,
or will I be happier with the Type 5 I'm running on there now?

I could also use the side skins and front cover for an SS1000. One that I
have has the rack rails on the bottom and is missing skins. Are there feet
or a bottom skin of some kind I would need if I took this things off the
rails? It looks like the rails will need to come off if I want to put the
sides on.

As far as goodies going, I'm thinking of parting with my 4/670, 4/630 and
4/330. All work, except the 670 and 630 have donated their processors to
other boxes at this time. The 670 has a memory expansion card and currently
has 384 meg of RAM, IIRC. The 630 has some memory, though I forget how much,
and I have a spare proc board (complete with SM100s) that has some memory on
it as well. I can't remember the config of the 4/330, since it's been a long
time since I've fired it up, but it did boot.

I'd like to find real homes for these, but lacking that I could part them
out. I'm near Minneapolis, so ideally there is someone up here who would be
interested. Don't even ask about me shipping the chassis. While you might
have that much money, I don't have the inclination or the intestinal
fortitude to get them crated and shipped. Hell- I'm not looking forward to
getting them out of my basement! <grin> Offer to trade me something Sun or
perhaps Apple related, or maybe a little $$, or who knows and they could be
all yours.

Thanks,

Steve