[rescue] Goodies coming, goodies going

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Sun Sep 29 20:31:28 CDT 2002

> All,
>
> Thanks to some horse-trading, I now have my very own SPARCstation Voyager.
> know stuff for these guys is dear, but a couple of things would be nice.
> First would be the door that goes over the power supply/battery area. It's
> missing, and while the machine works fine without it, I figure it can't
hurt
> to ask if anyone has one. I don't have the battery, so I suppose the door
> must have the little cutout for the power cord to go through.

You are lucky! I just got a damaged voyager for gutting apart. I got it
cause of
the memory and the harddrive of course! But I can spare the power thingie
cover.
I'll be gone for another 1-2 weeks on business travel but when i'm back I'll
be
happy to send you the cover.

> Second would be more memory (it's got 48M) but I know this is composed
> mostly of unobtainium so I'm not holding my breath.

Well my best hint for you is e-bay. Sometimes you come across damaged Sun
Voyager's and I bid on this one and I got it for arround $20 something. I
dont
know if the machine has anything in it but hey.. it's worth a shot.
Btw I got a sun voyager color with 64mb ram for $50 just few day's ago on
e-bay. Buy it now option hehehe...

> Lastly, to "complete the set" do I want to try to find the compact
keyboard,
> or will I be happier with the Type 5 I'm running on there now?

Well i'm looking for compact keyboards also. I have 2 sun voyager's and the
3rd broken one and only one compact keyboard. But you know what's even
more cooler is the original Sun Voyager carrycase! It rocks. The voyager
will
fit in perfect and keyboard and all. Very kjute toy.

Write me your adress off the list and reminde me in like 1 - 2 weeks and I
can help you with the plastic thingie for your voyager.