[rescue] Anyone here familiar with 10Base36 ?!?

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Sep 21 12:43:22 CDT 2002

Folks,

a friend of mine is in an area where he can't use wireless, but wants
to connect his house to a house about 1500 feet away.  The are he is
in is tropical, so he wants to have something sturdy.

I suggested 10Base5 with 2 repeaters to cover the distance, but came
across a sketchy description of "10Base36" which gives up to 3600 feet
without repeaters.

Anyone know about this, or ever worked with it?  I suppose 10BaseFL is
also an option but am not sure how well shielded fiber is against
moisture, etc.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net           |
| Zill.Net - Colocation, OpenACS, Python hosting |
| OpenACS shared server          $39.99/month    |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month    |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month      |