[rescue] IRIX/SGI opinions of O2 for graphics?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 10 17:47:10 CDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> If only GNU GCC worked better on Irix and Gnustep were further along.
> Then I'd be in heaven.  A Fuel (or Onyx2) with all the programming
> sweetness of a Mac.

I'm really close to getting GNUstep running on my Octane.  GCC 3.2 seems
to play a bit better than previous versions, but I've still been using
MIPSpro for everything that doesn't require Objective C.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)