[rescue] IRIX/SGI opinions of O2 for graphics?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Sep 10 17:53:48 CDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 05:47:10PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > If only GNU GCC worked better on Irix and Gnustep were further along.
> > Then I'd be in heaven.  A Fuel (or Onyx2) with all the programming
> > sweetness of a Mac.
>
> I'm really close to getting GNUstep running on my Octane.  GCC 3.2 seems
> to play a bit better than previous versions, but I've still been using
> MIPSpro for everything that doesn't require Objective C.

Does it look like files from GCC and MIPSPro are going to be able to be
cross linked anytime soon?

An O2 or Octane is on the list of things to consider getting, but it
won't be soon.  I'm highly tempted to load up Simply GNUstep (a linux
distro that is all about pretending to be Nextstep) on a machine (the
purpose is that it would be easier than getting GNU step onto my current
main machine with less chance of screwing things up), and looking into
if Gnustep is something I could really use yet, and how hard it is to
create binaries that don't relie on gnustep being installed.

--
Joshua D. Boyd