[rescue] Re: Solaris connecting to NetBSD/sparc question

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Nov 29 19:54:23 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Stephen Worotynec wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> > You mean you were trying to get us to help diagnose an application
>
> Well, I think the question was fair. Sorry, but I didn't at first notice
> that this was an add-in non-Sun card interface. And, I had actually had
> these two machines connected for a full week. File transfers either way by
> ftp and scp were fine. It was only some onscreen character output that
> caused a problem.

I think it was fair too... Greg's just got a wedgie :)

I've used a lot of the Znyx ZX346Q cards in U5/U10 systems in a network
gear test lab. They're smooth, and helped us find an interesting timing
issue in the Sun QFE card. Other than having to install the ZNB driver, I
had no problems with them. Still have one here at home in need of a home.

The price on them was under half our humongous cat A discount on the sun
qfe card (I worked for a big company known for being the biggest single
component of the Toronto Stock Exchange, so we got good Sun discounts, but
Znyx kicked their butts on this item) and we ran three up in our U5s. My
last good Sun rep told me "you know that config isn't supported," and I
nodded. "He then said "you don't really care, do you?" and I smiled.

And of course they're going for $100 on ebay now. Yowsa.

Rob