[rescue] San Antonio, TX area rescue

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 28 21:29:27 CST 2002

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 10:02 PM, <ed at the7thbeer.com> wrote:
> You didn't win the "auction".  You convinced the seller to end the
> auction.  Slight difference.

   True.

>> there...the simple fact remains that nobody here ever had any real
>> shot
>> at those machines on personal finances with all the dealers running
>> around on eBay, unless they're a lot wealthier than they let on.
>
> And so you're the ultimate judge of that eh?  Rather specious
> reasoning in
> my opinion.

   Yeah, yeah.  Of course I'm not the ultimate judge of that or anything
else...But I am realistic.  Is there anyone here that would shell out,
from their personal finances, say $30K for two computers on eBay?

> So I take it you offered the seller a *fair* price then.  After all,
> that
> would be the only right thing to do in light of the circumstances,
> especially since this is going to benefit the company.  Or am I
> mistaken?

   Let's put it this way...he made quite a bit of money on this deal,
and I got a really good deal also.  "Fair" is subjective...On one hand,
these machines would probably cost $200K or more from a used equipment
vendor.  On the other hand, there is no guarantee if they work, or if
they're even complete.

         -Dave