[rescue] Arcade Machines

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 6 15:54:54 CST 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> One of those would be very nice.  I also used to get a kick out of Mach3,
> and the shooting games are always fun (the ones with light guns).  I
> haven't
> played in an arcade in very long, so I'm kind of out of touch with what's
> out there.

Mach3 was fun but I couldn't play it for any length of time before it
locked up on me.  Neither could a friend of mine.  Fine for everyone else.

> There's what looks like a decent arcade at the Indian Mound Mall
> a few miles from here, but I must be getting old because it always
> seems too
> noisy in there for me

Me too. /aol

It's not the machine noise that usually gets me it's the nasty
heavy-bass music they have playing full-blast most of the time.

*snaps fingers* Night Striker!  That was the sit-down Japanese game I
couldn't recall.  I played that quite often.  I was so bummed when they
_downed_ the performance level on it because "It was too hard!".

Of course then I proceeded to beat it even more. ;-)

Mike Hebel