[rescue] Arcade Machines

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Nov 7 11:54:48 CST 2002

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:56:13 -0500
"Rob Harhen" <axthrower at fozzy-networks.com> wrote:

> Ya it is a potentiometer (have all the schematics), however there was
> a blown resistor that had blown in a closed way, so im not sure
> exactly what was damaged.

Ich, I guess in that case you would have to start with the most fragile
pieces in close circuit proximity and work your way out until you find
something that didn't die.  Hopefully the transisitor or whatever was
driving that part of the circuit let out its magic smoke in a fuse like
manner and protected everything else, and it didn't toast any
proprietary ICs.

I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of troubleshooting a resistor
that blew closed, but I have run into diodes that did.

Tim