[rescue] Fast Terminal Servers?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Nov 1 00:30:18 CST 2002

> Yes, that's exactly why I searched earnestly for a flash card for my
> DECserver 900TM!  :-)

That's also why I have a VT420 and an exceptionally long
cable at work.  In the worst case, I can run the cable
direct to the system (but have to make sure I don't trip
over it).

> Of course you really don't want your primary server(s) to wait for human
> interaction when power is restored....

No, but if something bad is going on you probably don't want
it to go ahead and start mounting disks and writing to them.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net