[rescue] OpenBSD

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jan 31 12:48:56 CST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:

> This reminds me, i miss my powermac 6100/60.  It will make the boot
> noises but I never get any video out.  I didn't use it for a year or two
> and it has tons of mail for several years that i'd like to recover.  I'm
> sure i could snarf it off the drive, but it'd be cool to get it back on
> the lan and use it again.  this was back in like 93/94 when i thought
> there was money to be made in designing web pages...i'd love to look at
> all that old data.  anyone have any ideas about a system that seems
> _completely_ functional but never gives any juice on the video?  it's
> onboard vid of course.

Dead HDI cable?... Dead PRAM battery?  If you want one I can give you
another 6100.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.