[rescue] OpenBSD

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jan 30 03:47:28 CST 2002

On 2002.01.30 02:25 Paul Sladen wrote:

> I'm not sure if NetBSD has improved much over the last five
> years--[information welcomed].  OpenBSD clearly has.
It has, the latest big things may be softdeps and the unified buffer
cache. OpenBSD took over some of this. (wscons?, uvm?, bus(space|dma)?,
support for various VAXen, ...)

I have no problem with the coexistence of NetBSD and OpenBSD. Both
projects have more or less different goals and developement goals.  As
long as there are people in both projects, that are not to deep in
politics and are not to arrogant to thake over the good code of the
other side, it will be a fruitful coexistence.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen