[rescue] OpenBSD

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jan 31 12:55:16 CST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:

> hmm, so there are two cache slots and two ram slots it would appear and
> one other slot i don't recognize.  neither pci nor (e)isa.  i have my
> second HD mounted on postit notes :)  in this era, a decade ago, i was
> not hardware savvy.  i accidentally erased my shit trying out linux
> around 95 or so if memory serves.  i was clueless.  point being, i have
> no clue what that extra slot is.  I thought it was for further memory,
> but maybe not.

It is a PDS angle slot.  You can install Powermac G3 upgrades in there or
a single slot nubus daughterboard.  I have a 6100 ethernet nubus daughter
card from Asante.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.