[rescue] Re: SGI Fuel

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Jan 31 01:57:46 CST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Robert Novak wrote:

> To think I moved here to get AWAY from this weather. Well, that and to get
> cheap computers. Don't ask why I'm probably picking up another 40 PCs
> tomorrow. Sigh.
>
> A friend in Ottawa wanted to visit for the great weather and to get a tan.
> I told her she could wear a scant swimsuit but she wouldn't want to wear
> it outside. (no, she doesn't have a sister... sorry)

San Francisco is always cold! Even in summer, I think it is the only city
that is warmer in winter than in summer. The valley is a different climate
too. In fact during some of my commutes I can experience 3 different
climates, I leave Berkeley early in the morning and it is foggy and cold,
I have a meeting at Ames and it is dry, sunny  and hoooooot. I make it
home in Santa Cruz and it is both cold and raining! All in a single day...
what a place to live!

Oh, and the water is always cold! So surfing can get to be a pain in the
neck sometimes (but hey! gotta do it).... that is when I miss SoCal... :-)
If they had warm water then it would be just the ideal place!!!