[rescue] OpenBSD

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Wed Jan 30 00:41:26 CST 2002

> > and I'm _PISSED_OFF_ that the jackasses seem to have removed
> > the "Dedicated Disk" option from the installer...  I have to start all my 4.4
> > installs with a 4.2 disk to keep it from putting that crappy 64 sector empty
> > space in front of the root slice (Just in case you wanted to dual boot to
> > winBlows...)
>
> I'll poke a steve about this; I used to use it as well. It might have been
> removed to save space or complexity. FreeBSD does aim toward a larger
> populus than Open/NetBSD.

Well I will have to say I have NEVER been able to get FreeBSD to boot from a
SCSI disked PeeCee EVER. I find the installer confusing often causing one to go
into a frustrating endless loop.

I have BANISHED FreeBSD from my house/machines I have built a new Linux PeeCee
Dual Pentium Pro 333 Overdrives :) so I have something that works with SMP.

Just my observations.

Mike N