[rescue] Kivio & more cross-*NIX support

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Jan 29 04:50:29 CST 2002

> > So ask them.  Offer help.
> >
> > I wanted to see MySQL support some more esoteric platforms so I wrote and
> > asked what would it take.  They quickly responded back that all they
> needed
> > was an ssh port, a normal user shell account, and a machine of the desired
> > platform with 24x7 high speed connectivity and they would add it to their
> > build farm.
> >

> I wish I could - really.  Unfortunately, my cable connectivity has been
> spotty at best.  Now, since switching to Cox.net home services, it's
> actually gotten worse.  Feh!
>
> However, you do bring up a good point, stop wishing and do something!  Odd
> that I should be reading your comments now - that my kids are watching
> CinderElmo.  Some large fairy is singing "if you have a dream, do
> something!"
>
> I'm moving to Cox.net business services next month.  I'll contact them and
> see what I can do...

ok, so why don't we try to get a list together of what OSes on what arches
people would like to see software ported to.  if all it takes is to offer
up a shell account to someone, i'd be more than happy to toss in the bandwidth
and hardware (if i have it, and as long as it isn't a PC)

now i can't supply all the hardware, but if anyone want to ship anything out
to me to put up and make available i can hang anything you guys have off of
a T1.

seriously, i'd love to do this.  i'd love to build a farm of every combination
of OS and arch known to man for porting purposes.  i've got plenty of space,
i'd just have to cough up electric bill, so donations are never turned down. :)

-brian