[rescue] Kivio & more cross-*NIX support

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 27 10:21:34 CST 2002

> > Kivio isn't quite there, but it's gaining momentum.  Yes, it is KDE
based.
> > Yes I've only seen it run on Linux.
> [snip]
> > I really wish they'd do a cross-platform version for *nix.
>
> So ask them.  Offer help.
>
> I wanted to see MySQL support some more esoteric platforms so I wrote and
> asked what would it take.  They quickly responded back that all they
needed
> was an ssh port, a normal user shell account, and a machine of the desired
> platform with 24x7 high speed connectivity and they would add it to their
> build farm.

I wish I could - really.  Unfortunately, my cable connectivity has been
spotty at best.  Now, since switching to Cox.net home services, it's
actually gotten worse.  Feh!

However, you do bring up a good point, stop wishing and do something!  Odd
that I should be reading your comments now - that my kids are watching
CinderElmo.  Some large fairy is singing "if you have a dream, do
something!"

I'm moving to Cox.net business services next month.  I'll contact them and
see what I can do...

Kurt