[rescue] OpenBSD

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Jan 27 18:34:32 CST 2002

>OK, I don't know much about the politics in Open -v- NetBSD, and I am not
>a long time BSD runner - only about a year.  My question is why would a

My situation as well.

>person run OpenBSD instead of NetBSD?  It's painfully obvious to me - a

I was under the impression that some of the OpenBSD code had been audited
for silly buffer overflows bugs and such.  Now I understand that the NetBSD
team _could_ do this as well, but _have_ they?

I've got sparcs running both.  Open wouldn't do a netboot install on my IPX
boxes, Net would.  The Net graphical install app would go into an infinite
loop during ftp install if you accepted a default selection in one of the
steps.  Once installed, I've been happy with both.

newell