[rescue] OpenBSD

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Sun Jan 27 17:23:46 CST 2002

Mike Nicewonger skrev:

>> 3) Improved installer.  I like how lightweight it is.   But from Red Hat's
>> Linux distribution, I've fallen in love with Disk Druid.  I'd love to see a
>> scaled down version of Disk Druid in the OpenBSD installer.  The fdisk in
>> there is just too inaccessible for newbies.

>I disagree. I find the OBSD implementation of fdisk to be superb and fairly
>intuitive

No, I big to differ. If there's one thing that puts me off OpenBSD, it's the
installer. Have you tried using OBSD's install fdisk for the first time on a
pcvt25 or similar screen? That program is clearly made with a DECwriter in
mind.
Its FTP client also has some strange ideas about URLs, so it won't install off
many non-UNIX FTP archives.

>I will have to admit theat it was a tad daunting my first go round. Now
>FreeBSD's installer blows dog.

Now, FreeBSD was just scary. I haven't installed FBSD yet, but I once tried,
and that install program was out of this world.

NetBSD's sysinst certainly has its fair share of quirks, but it's fast, yet
not too unfriendly.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Die Malerei ist stumme Poesie, die Poesie blinde Malerei.
--- Leonardo da Vinci