[rescue] OpenBSD

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Sun Jan 27 12:03:24 CST 2002

<SNIP OBSD stuff>

>I will have to admit theat it was a tad daunting my first go round. Now
>FreeBSD's installer blows dog.

Are you on crack?  FreeBSD 4.x's installer is probably the best I've
ever used.  Its simple, to the point and insanely powerful.  What
version of FreeBSD were you installing?

>  > 4) package management system.  something like Debian or Red Hat.  I don't
>>  care which.  Just please track dependencies so you don't go deleting shared
>>  libraries that are being used by someone else.
>
>Ick! Ports rock. and the packages collection works very well. IMHO

Ports do indeed rock.  They are already the standard for my own
systems.  I have the /usr/ports tree NFS exported so that I can make
install on any box I need to and only compile once.

daniel