[rescue] OpenBSD

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Jan 27 19:11:34 CST 2002

> >I will have to admit theat it was a tad daunting my first go round. Now
> >FreeBSD's installer blows dog.
>
> Now, FreeBSD was just scary. I haven't installed FBSD yet, but I once
> tried, and that install program was out of this world.

Interesting.
Other that the times I've had frustration with FreeBSD's inataller on
specific machines that had other quirks, I have found the Freebsd installer
to work just fine...

Of course, it _will_not_ install FreeBSD on a DEC Celebris, has some troubles
on some ALR gear and I'm _PISSED_OFF_ that the jackasses seem to have removed
the "Dedicated Disk" option from the installer...  I have to start all my 4.4
installs with a 4.2 disk to keep it from putting that crappy 64 sector empty
space in front of the root slice (Just in case you wanted to dual boot to
winBlows...)

George