[rescue] Kivio & more cross-*NIX support

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sat Jan 26 23:59:35 CST 2002

[please don't copy me on replies... I am subscribed to the list]

Dave McGuire asks:
>   What platforms?  (just curious)

Well a lot of this is going to be decided after I get my cable modem
installed (when will it get here??!?!??!)    I've got a pile of hardware, a
decent LAN, and a pile of install media for various OS's.

They asked about BeOS because they want to support it but don't have access
to it.  I might do something for them there.  BeOS on X86 and PowerPC
(pre-G3) architectures.

Of course, OpenBSD on X86 and probably Ultra Sparc.  If the PA-RISC port
keeps going well, I'll throw in my HP 9000.

I've still got a bunch of old Power Macs and 680x0 series Macs.  When I say
a bunch I am talking significant numbers, like in the dozens.  I think I
have like 80 Macs now.

Probably down to about 40 X86 machines now.  Still, that allows for a nice
array of OS's.

>   This rocks.  Even if you ARE a weirdo for running OpenBSD. ;)

I was a weirdo before I ran OpenBSD.  It's genetic, not environmental.