[rescue] Boats?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Jan 23 09:58:47 CST 2002

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> lawnchair-on-a-raft mini-toons like they built on the Red-Green show). It

Heh. I wanna. Did you see the log splitter he built on the abandoned
playground?

> After all these years I would have to say the best marine motors by far say
> Mercury on the cover. Especially the 4-strokes.

I don't know Mercurys at all, never having had a boat with anything
larger than an outboard before the Tartan, which hasn't been out of its'
slip yet since it's been in my posession. I'm looking forward to the
Atomic 4 once I get it running. From what I understand it's a hell of an
engine.

Happily, the fiberglass is all good as far as I can tell. Haven't had
her out of the water yet, and probably won't for some time. I plan to
pull everything I can out, and then see what can be salvaged. I'm not a
stickler for all-original detail in my vehicle restorations, and
probably won't be in the boat either. make it work, and make it nice.

---sambo
really looking forward to exploring the Chesapeake with my kids