[rescue] Boats?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 23 09:31:15 CST 2002

I love boats. I grew up on a lake in Wakefield Mass and used to build canoes
and rowboats. My uncle had a 19 foot O'day Mariner sailboat he lost interest
in and let me use. Friends had powerboats that I played with (Chris-Craft
mostly).

Now I have a rather unique small 4-person pontoon for lazy-day summer fun.
At only 14 feet its as small as they come (except for the
lawnchair-on-a-raft mini-toons like they built on the Red-Green show). It
has been great fun and I love the Mercury 4 cycle engine it has (it's quiet
& has no stinky burning oil smell like a 2-stroke). I can also trailer it
with a 4 cylinder car/truck. I have equiped it nicely with a table, lights,
stereo, barbeque grill and anchor winch. I anchor in quiet coves on Lake
Sunapee (a 4K acre lake) and spend the day
swimming/sleeping/reading/cooking/eating. I can't wait for summer to return
(this far north we get a whopping 2 months of summer).

After all these years I would have to say the best marine motors by far say
Mercury on the cover. Especially the 4-strokes.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751