[rescue] Sequent info anywhere (on the web)?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Jan 23 08:49:04 CST 2002

> Hmmm.... "Data Center" not provisioned for 220vac gear. Sad.

   You take that back! We certainly wired the place up, but just didn't put
in a box for _this system_ as we'd been assured that it would be off-lined
long before we moved. (And anyway, it was all before my time, Famous Last
Words being what they are.)
   On a related note, you should see our lightning protection system...

> ...when we went house shopping I decided I wouldn't
> settle for anything less than 100A.  Next time I'll
> only settle for 200A or better!  ;-)

   We had a guy re-roof and re-side the house last summer; he told me about
a customer down on the south shore of RI that's got 400A in his "house." It
was especially unfortunate when, the day before a big party, they had a
couple truckloads of small trees delivered and planted along the driveway,
and the ditch witch or bobcat or whatever cut their service cable.
Apparently, it was quite a job to fix at 5:00AM!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator