[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jan 20 13:21:23 CST 2002

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 10:49:46AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> I so completely agree here, though with one added, uh, feature.  You
> should give the developers access to a loaded E4500 or the like to do
> their compiles on, so that they can actually test their work.  It's a
> pain to hack code for 8 hours, then have to leave it overnight to see if
> it compiles.  :-)  I can't sell any companies on this idea yet though.
> 	Greg

Yes, and then the developers will spend all of their time logged into the
4500 to do development.

I've seen this with DBAs, too.  Any database will expand to fill all available
space, whether it needs it or not - and DBAs think that you can just magically
make disk appear out of nowhere.  (Most of our systems are EMC-connected, but
some are not - so you get requests like "hey, can you add 10 gig to /xyz?").

Yeah, when monkeys fly out of my butt and you show a NEED for 10gig..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net