[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sun Jan 20 12:49:46 CST 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 15:24, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Developers should be forced to work on a machine that has 1/10th the speed
> and 1/4 the ram of the intended (or current) platform.   Imagine how much better
> mozilla would be if it was developed for an SS5-110 or a PI-133 with no more than 64
> megs.
> The problem is people code slow, sloppy, ineficcient code because it runs fine on
> the typical
> developer machine (which is almost always better/faster than the typical users
> machine).

I so completely agree here, though with one added, uh, feature.  You
should give the developers access to a loaded E4500 or the like to do
their compiles on, so that they can actually test their work.  It's a
pain to hack code for 8 hours, then have to leave it overnight to see if
it compiles.  :-)  I can't sell any companies on this idea yet though.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.