[rescue] Sequent info anywhere (on the web)?

Chris Kennedy chris at mainecoon.com
Fri Jan 18 15:45:26 CST 2002

Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Drives, esp. older ones, require LOTS of power.
>
> 220vac is a very common household service, even at 30A

All true.  However, most older power-hog drives aren't
220 1ph, they're 208 3ph.

> I have a 200A service panel, an upgrade done in about 1983 by a former
> owner -- many houses in North America still have 100A or even just 60A
> service panels though.  My colleage, also with two of these same 3.1Kva
> UPS units, but with almost four times as many square feet as our house,
> had only 100A, and had to get it upgraded in order to hook up even one
> UPS.  :-)

It's hard to imagine that people still have 60A service panels.  Scary,
even.

Chris
Who just upgraded to 400A service, has a 60KW 12-wire reconnectable
generator sitting on a trailer waiting to be installed, along with a
small army of PV's (just to make things interesting). I _did_ ask the local
power company about getting 3ph; the engineer literally laughed...

--
Chris Kennedy
chris at mainecoon.com
http://www.mainecoon.com
PGP fingerprint: 4E99 10B6 7253 B048 6685  6CBC 55E1 20A3 108D AB97