[rescue] Free to good home: Old Sun 3 / 386i equipment

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Fri Jan 18 15:22:16 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 13:01, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > You guys are...close-ish to the Boston area...
> > >
> >    Again, only to the outsider: to locals, born & bred in RI, Boston may
> as
> > well be as far away as, oh, France or California or Connecticut!
> >    Am I right?
>
> Totally!  My wife, born and bred in RI considers anything longer than 15
> minutes an unnacceptably long drive, except for rare occurances and only if
> *I* drive.

Must be just an RI thing, none of the people I grew up with from
southern NH are that way.  We used to drive 5 hours one weekend a month
to go back and see people, after we moved to PA.

> I myself am a transplant from Ohio - where 20 minutes in the car only got
> you about halfway there (anywhere).  I don't mind long commutes, but the
> commutes in OH are far different than here.

I used to do really well with moderately long drives.  Even 12-18 hours
was pretty comfortable.  Then we drove for ELEVEN DAYS across the
country, stopping to see sights and such, and now after about 30 minutes
in the car I start to go berzerk.  But I've got a bike (a real one, not
a motorized thing), so I can get anywhere within about 40 miles in just
2 hours.  Never get bothered doing that, there's always something to pay
attention to.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.