[rescue] Free to good home: Old Sun 3 / 386i equipment

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 18 16:14:34 CST 2002

> I used to do really well with moderately long drives.  Even 12-18 hours
> was pretty comfortable.  Then we drove for ELEVEN DAYS across the
> country, stopping to see sights and such, and now after about 30 minutes
> in the car I start to go berzerk.  But I've got a bike (a real one, not
> a motorized thing), so I can get anywhere within about 40 miles in just
> 2 hours.  Never get bothered doing that, there's always something to pay
> attention to.

I love to drive cross-country.  For thanksgiving we visited OH to stay with
my sister and her husband.  The trip was pretty enjoyable, except for that
piece through NY city.  Next time we'll take the northern route to avoid
NYC.  Route 80 is fun though, the PT Cruiser was up to about 110 MPH at one
point, and sustained it for around 50 miles until we had to slow down for
traffic.  (it had plenty left too, if not for the speed limiter I bet I
could get up to ~135)

RI to CA took us 5 days when we moved out - hauling all our stuff in a
Budget Rent-A-Truck, dragging a car behind us.  CA to RI (moving back) we
shipped our stuff using ABF, and the trip only took us 4 days.  Some parts
of the country you can get up to about 90, and still get passed by tractor
trailers.  Talk about unnerving...

Kurt