[rescue] octane question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 17 13:42:32 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 02:31:25PM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I only said that because Gates was experimenting with computers that could
> tell your emotions and make decisions based on that... glimpse into the
> future?

Well, contrary to popular opinion, not everything MS explores is stupid.
They just implement it in stupid ways.  In many ways NTFS and sharing files
between NT machines feels better to me.  I like the whole being able to
have a finer grain of control that group readable and world readable.  I
want to be able to say things like Dave can read it, and my group can read
it, but no one else.

> > > Or that damn purple gorilla Bonzi (gawd I hate that thing)
> >
> > I have no idea what that is.
>
> http://www.bonzibuddy.com

Well, that might be closer to what I'm thinking, but too stupid and/or
manipulative.  The idea is for something that actually assists you, not just
something that trys to get you locked into stupid .coms and urges you to shop.

--
Joshua D. Boyd