[rescue] octane question

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Thu Jan 17 21:09:37 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Well, contrary to popular opinion, not everything MS explores is stupid.
> They just implement it in stupid ways.  In many ways NTFS and sharing files
> between NT machines feels better to me.  I like the whole being able to
> have a finer grain of control that group readable and world readable.  I
> want to be able to say things like Dave can read it, and my group can read
> it, but no one else.

Some docs I have read lately sound like ACLs will do this sort of thing
("grainy" permissions). Looks no more complicated than file and
directory permissions in Netware 3/4 and NT... Appears easy to look at
like Netware, unlike NT (at least for me... but I dislike NT so much
that *everything* on NT is tough...).

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com