[rescue] Trannies (was jobops in Austin and Dallas)

Nick Steel (Lists) mrlist at noid.org
Mon Jan 14 19:02:48 CST 2002

> > > some kind of miniature stock or jalopy oval-track class with
motorcycle
> > > engines, too.
>
> Legends. Originally instigated by Humpy Wheeler of Charlotte Motor
Speedway
> fame. Not SCCA sanctioned....

Oh yeah, those guys run road course events with us. The first time NASA held
an event with the Legends cars they put them in the same race group as "us".
Us being 3200lbs Camaro's and Mustangs. We had a hell of a time trying to
see them (They are so damn short), and more than one of Legends drivers was
a bit un-nerved being passed on the inside by a 3 car freight train of
3200lbs cars with open header exhaust V8s turning 6300 - 6500 rpm with a
penchant for throttle induced corner-exit oversteer. NASA has sinced moved
the Legends into a different run group populated by 1st gen RX7's, Rabbits
and Miata's.

I've watched a few of their races and they look like an absolute BLAST to
drive!

- Nick