[rescue] Trannies (was jobops in Austin and Dallas)

Randy K.Wilson randy.k.wilson at home.com
Sun Jan 13 22:29:02 CST 2002

On Sunday 13 January 2002 10:24 pm, you wrote:
> > Also, some class of SCCA racecars are build around motorcycle
> > engine/trans units ... Kawasaki 4 cylinders?  <mumble>400 class?  The
> > cars they use at the Malibu Grand Prix places are some kind of
> > motorcycle-engined units,

Formula 440. They're snowmobile based... though I believe they have migrated
to a spec propriatary 600cc engine. Tends to happen to classes based on what
is now 20 year old production components. Originally intended to give the
northern motorheads something to do in the off season.

Then there is DSR (sports car class). This is the ultimate tinkerer class.
Very small and light. Supposed to be two seaters as is tradition with *SR
classes, but the rules were rewritten some years ago to allow single seaters.
The power of choice is liter classs bike engines.

As a side note, these are the only two SCCA classes that don't require an
operational reverse.

> > some kind of miniature stock or jalopy oval-track class with motorcycle
> > engines, too.

Legends. Originally instigated by Humpy Wheeler of Charlotte Motor Speedway
fame. Not SCCA sanctioned....

--

    /.randy