[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Wed Jan 9 17:34:10 CST 2002

sorry for the spam....

i know there are some austin folks lurking around and i haven't a clue
about dallas..but since there has been mention of unemployment here
before i thought i'd pass the opportunities along.

Austin:
I have two offers and can obviously only take one...tough tough decision
too :\
both are heavy in networking and sys admin work... one is about
30 unix hosts..obsd/freebsd/linux/sun.  mostly sun, from u10's to an
e6.5k..san storage with an emc 8730 on the backend.  lotsa 420's and
netra 1400's.  already installed, it's a babysitting job.  permanent.

the other is for a new installation of a nation-wide system... oracle
backend, java middle layer and web front end.  two 4800's, vcs, ops,
280r's and a nice brand new shiney hds array...their largest model, the
9960 i think?  too lazy to check.  they want to set this stuff on a san
as well.  a couple things are looped currently.  they also need a backup
solution.  there are six warm bodies to do the grunt work.  permanent.
they're specifically looking for emc or hds experience and san stuff.

Dallas:

via a friend..dunno many specifics but i'll get you in contact with him
:)

"I am looking for a person who can do SGI sys admin and hardware
support. He/She will also need to do sys admin on Linux and Sun.
It is a 3 year contract to start in April. I would probably want
to hire the person and place them on site at the customer."

Lemme know off list if anyone's interested.

^D