[rescue] Ultra 1: No signal from framebuffer after NVRAM update

batchall at mordor.ch batchall at mordor.ch
Wed Jan 9 16:09:00 CST 2002

>This mailing list has two settings that are a little
>unusual and sometimes cause confusion:

Everything's clear now, this crappy webmail doesn't send the realname...

>I would recommend
>that you do some of the basic troubleshooting things
>first (try another monitor, try that monitor on a
>different system, remove and replace/reseat the framebuffer,
>try a different framebuffer).  If none of those works,
>I would unplug the keyboard and try to get in through
>the serial console.  That will at least allow you to
>verify that the system comes up properly.

That's what I did, except exchanging the monitor and the framebuffer, but
I think I could get one somewhere.

But I think I'll start with the console...

>Which OBP update patch did you use, specifically?

The one that comes with Solaris 8 (10/01 afair, downloaded a few days ago).