[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Jan 9 22:13:25 CST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:

> sorry for the spam....
>

> i know there are some austin folks lurking around and i haven't a clue
> about dallas..but since there has been mention of unemployment here
> before i thought i'd pass the opportunities along.
>
> Austin:
> I have two offers and can obviously only take one...tough tough decision
> too :\
> both are heavy in networking and sys admin work... one is about
> 30 unix hosts..obsd/freebsd/linux/sun.  mostly sun, from u10's to an
> e6.5k..san storage with an emc 8730 on the backend.  lotsa 420's and
> netra 1400's.  already installed, it's a babysitting job.  permanent.

i'd go for this one, it seems more reasonable. lets face it, none of us
are getting younger. stability (even if its babysitting) is a nice thing.
its good to take it easy and from what i understand you'd be comfortable
in this one due to the people. plus that whole permanent thing is cool.

i need bbq.

--a