[rescue] I just saw this from an old SGI page... it has meslightly worried since...

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 09:52:05 CST 2002

> PCs nowadays are monsters heat- and powerwise. The weights of the cooling
> contraptions on modern Intel-type processors are getting close to 1 kg,
and
> then there are the two fans on the graphics card and one in the PSU.
> No thank you, I'd never run one of those beasts. My next processor will
> probably be a PPC, until then I'll be huffing along on my 68040, a
processor
> which in its day was supposed to have a heat problem. After all, in some
> machines, it requires a small heat disassipation piece!

Which leads me to an observation about graphics capability.  In my office at
work I have an Ultra-5 and and an Ultra-1 (thanks Ken!).  The Ultra-1 runs
*circles* around the Ultra-5 in terms of graphics performance - at least to
my untrained eye.  The Ultra-1 has a Creator2D, the Ultra-5 has some PCI
based crap.

I bought one of those Ultra-30s on eBay for $500+shipping.  I wonder how the
Creator3D will compare.  I might have to trade my 2D for the 3D in the U-30
:)

Kurt