[rescue] I just saw this from an old SGI page... it has meslightly worried since...

Iggy Drougge rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 07:00:04 CST 2002

Dave McGuire skrev:

>  About the A/C...you'll probably be fine as long as you have a large
>space to dissipate the heat in.  They do put out a fair amount of
>heat...but hey, if you want no power consumption and no heat output,
>you'd have bought a shit-ass PeeCee, right?

PCs nowadays are monsters heat- and powerwise. The weights of the cooling
contraptions on modern Intel-type processors are getting close to 1 kg, and
then there are the two fans on the graphics card and one in the PSU.
No thank you, I'd never run one of those beasts. My next processor will
probably be a PPC, until then I'll be huffing along on my 68040, a processor
which in its day was supposed to have a heat problem. After all, in some
machines, it requires a small heat disassipation piece!

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

I can't understand ANY current MICROS~1 product names!
Are they now created with a random word generator?
What is the intent behind the name "Visual Studio" for their compiler suite?
What is "Interdev"?
Why is the Virus Transfer Protocol product named "Outlook"?
   Grumpy Ol' Fred