[rescue] I just saw this from an old SGI page... it has me slightly worried since...

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 09:42:44 CST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   The power thing is sheer paranoia.  As is the RFI issue.  You really
> should have a UPS in general, though...
>
>   About the A/C...you'll probably be fine as long as you have a large
> space to dissipate the heat in.  They do put out a fair amount of
> heat...but hey, if you want no power consumption and no heat output,
> you'd have bought a shit-ass PeeCee, right?

exactamundo!... heh [trying not to break my personal rule of never buying
another x86] Actually the heat will be awesome until late spring.  My
place is frequently 64-66 degrees and no more these days.  The heat is
controlled in the first floor appartment and always shuts off before it
heats my appartment by more than a degree or two... the whole thing needs
rebalancing... I think I'll set up the Crimson with a nice long long cord
so it can keep us warm while playing Diablo II.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.